Friday 3 February 2017

Missing Scene

Thanks for, and to, Jack Pomfret for this. I have found the original Ukraine scene, from the Accident. These images were made around 2007, during production of my film.

The scene was a visit to Ukraine, I had just found out about the famines, through research on the film.
The scene was to be a drop back into history. Travelling from the kitchen of the Accident, to Ukraine, and back, into my memory, recollection, to history and factual.

The section was cut, I loved, and still, love it. My commitment was, on advice of the Script Editor I was working with - Andrea Lioy, it felt like another film. There wasn't time or space to do the shot justice, and the original story was being compromised.

When I cut the scene, I committed to making a new film, that's how the idea came about.



Here are the visuals.